ACC offers advice to our customers on equipment reliability and repair records based on our experience to help you when purchasing new equipment. Our expertise spans all makes and types of optical equipment including Comparators, Collimators, Tool scopes, Digital Readouts, Video based systems, Stereo and Compound Microscopes, software for image analysis, measurement and data manipulation. With over 25 years of experience, we have encountered many different types of optical equipment and we know them from the inside out, down to the component level.
We would like to be of assistance to you in helping you avoid those instruments that do not meet your application needs or expectations of quality and accuracy. There are some surprisingly low quality systems from the major advertisers that our customers have had nothing but problems with.
Please do not buy optical equipment based on manufacturer’s name or perceived reputation, try it out first.
If you are buying new (or used) optical equipment, there are some basic things to check for that will help determine the general quality of an instrument.
- Feel the movement of the mechanisms and adjustment knobs – a lack of quality in the machined surfaces will often be obvious by the poor feel of the instrument adjustments.
- No adjustment should ever be squeaky, scratchy or make any real noise whatsoever.
- Movement in the eyepiece tubes and zoom knobs should be very smooth but resist change somewhat – these two adjustments are a real telltale factor in the way an instrument will hold up over time.
- The quality in an instrument will carry throughout its life. The instrument is only as valuable as the materials and care that went into the design and construction. When buying optical equipment – Quality is everything!
Absolute Clarity provides value added services to our customers
- Absolute Clarity may be able to provide a loaner microscope if necessary while repairs are performed on your microscope for a small fee.
- Absolute Clarity will provide answers for your applications problems, with over 25 years of optical experience.
- Absolute Clarity stocks commonly needed repair parts.
- User education via on-site training is available.
- Demo facility in Terryville, Connecticut.
- Absolute Clarity sells Refurbished/used equipment at reasonable prices.